Advanced Agrilytics (“Company”) is an agronomic services company enabled by best in class digital capabilities providing growers independent, sophisticated and robust input prescriptions and operational advice. The company has focused on the major inputs and in-crop decisions as determined by value and return on investment within the overall system. This company is well differentiated from the crowded SaaS providers in the digital agriculture space given its impressive multi-season results and independent, high-touch business model.
We are seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to provide spatial data analysis support, data quality assurance/quality control and promote the development/implementation of data workflows. The successful candidate will also provide GIS support for ongoing research efforts, utilize various software tools to provide field agronomists with timely reports/data and help manage various aspects of Advanced Agrilytics data platform. Below is a brief description of the role and competencies required.
- Track and catalog data for each grower customer; maintain data organization so the previous data can be referenced as needed.
- Generate and distribute standardize reports in a timely manner for seasonal operations such as planting, harvest, in-season nutrient application, etc.
- Utilize (GIS) for analysis, query and visualization of spatial data.
- Assist in the development of GIS standard practices, procedures and workflows
- Understand and deliver adjusted digital recommendations of based on the needs of growers and agronomists.
- Provide GIS support and analysis for company research and development projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in an agricultural-related field (i.e., agronomy, soils, precision ag), geographic information systems (GIS), computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of GIS software; including ESRI’s ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online.
- Experience with major digital ag platforms and their associated data (Precision Planting, John Deere, Case IH, Ag Leader).
- Utilization of Ag Leader’s SMS software for data conversion and general processing.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming/database languages: R, Python, Julia or SQL.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of GIS software, geocoding techniques, data model formats and data conversion practices utilizing off-the-shelf and in-house software tools.
- Working knowledge of global positioning systems (GPS), desktop mapping, web and database applications.
- Working knowledge of different data types; including traditional and spatial formats as well as data that are collected/output from digital ag equipment manufacturers and their cloud-based data warehouses.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and associated deadlines.
- Possess an analytic mindset as well as good problem-solving and communication skills.
- Work quickly and accurately under time pressure.